For the edification of all, here are my top 5 most-viewed posts this year...
- Media Binges: The Good, the Bad, and the Library (240 views)
- Boarding Pass: Game of Thrones: The Board Game: Feast for Crows Scenario; or, That's a Lot of Colons (115 views)
- Spoiler Alert: You're a Jerk (114 views)
- ALA, Sustain Thyself (98 views)
- Troll Repellent (73 views)
From that, it looks like my most popular posts have been on media, the ways we consume it, and the way it's beginning to affect us socially and culturally. Not surprising, I suppose! Also, people love board games?
Now for the lowest-ranked posts...
- Quarterly Media Review: Summer '14 (13 views)
- An Unwritten Rule of Library Service: Too Much of a Good Thing? (14 views, though to be fair I just posted it yesterday)
- Orphan Posts (16 views--again, just posted earlier this week)
- Bridges Out of Poverty: Understanding, Acceptance, and Libraries (21 views)
- Viva Contrarianism? (23 views)
- A Brief Return to the Subject of Binge Watching (28 views)
- On Will and Teddy (30 views)
I broadened this field slightly since it contains two posts from the past week and another from the previous month. What we learn here is that my least popular posts have been on media--wait a minute! Those were the most popular, like, a second ago. The predecessor to one of these posts is even my most-accessed post of the year--not into sequels, are we? I guess my review posts are less interesting to you than my media commentary posts. Too bad, they're easy to write and help me digest all the TV and movies I watch in a year, so Imma keep doin' 'em. I'm also surprised at the low interest in my post on poverty, given that it's an important topic, I connected it directly to libraries, and it reflects an actual experience I went out and had in the world (instead of watching it on TV...). Maybe share moar plz.?
Also, I'll never force a long-form review of a Doris Kearns Goodwin book on you again, I guess.
My favorite posts of the year:
- Connectivity for the Convalescent
- Media Binges: The Good, the Bad, and the Library
- Troll Repellent
- Spoiler Alert: You're a Jerk
- An Unwritten Rule of Library Service: Too Much of a Good Thing?
That's all, then--a very tumultuous year with a very tumultuous posting schedule. Hope to see you for more in 2015.